Welcome to the Whitgiftian Association
The Whitgiftian Association is an organisation for Sixth Formers and former pupils of Whitgift School, Croydon, England.
Whitgift is an independent day and boarding school for boys founded by John Whitgift, Archbishop of Canterbury, in 1596. It is owned by the Whitgift Foundation, an educational charity, in company with two other Croydon schools, Trinity School of John Whitgift (boys with co-educational Sixth Form) and The Old Palace School of John Whitgift (girls).
The objects of the Association are:
- To encourage communication between Old Whitgiftians and to maintain their interest in Whitgift School
- To organise functions for, and gatherings of, Old Whitgiftians
- To aid and encourage the activities of Old Whitgiftian clubs and societies
- To maintain a register of Old Whitgiftians
- To promote the interests of Old Whitgiftians and of the School
The Whitgift Sports Club
As well as a programme of events for WA members at the School, there are also social and sporting activities (cricket, football, hockey, rugby) at the Whitgift Sports Club in Croham Road. The Whitgift Sports Club is a member of the National Playing Fields Association.
If you are interested in the School’s sports fixtures and results, please go to the Whitgift website.