Shop Terms & Conditions
Eligibility to order criteria:
You may only purchase products:
- Available for sale and details of which appear on the Whitgiftian Association shop; and
- For personal use, either by yourself or by your intended recipient(s) of the products. The Whitgiftian Association reserves the right to decline any order that it has reasonable cause to believe is for onward sale other than through approved distribution channels.
The Whitgiftian Association takes all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing in the online shop are correct at the time when the relevant information is placed onto the shop. Although every effort is made to keep shop as up to date as possible, the information appearing at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
- Once you have selected the products you wish to order, click on the “Checkout” button at the end of the checkout process.
- Once you have clicked on the “Checkout” button, you have made a binding offer for the sale of goods. Your offer at this stage is still subject to our acceptance. In order that we may accept your offer, we obtain an authorisation from your Credit card company for the amount detailed on the order summary page. We are not taking funds from your card at this stage, although the amount available for you to spend will be reduced by the authorisation. This is a normal process with the banks. If your credit card should not give an authorisation, your order will not be processed further.
- The Whitgiftian Association will e-mail you to confirm your product order has been received.
- We are deemed to have accepted your offer, and a corresponding contract of sale for the products you have ordered is concluded between you and the Whitgiftian Association only upon those products being shipped to you, as detailed in the confirmation e-mail.
The Whitgiftian Association may refuse or be unable to process your order if:
- The product you ordered is discontinued or no longer available.
- Your credit card / PayPal does not give authorisation for the payment of the purchase price
- You do not meet the eligibility to order criteria set out above.
Cancelling the Contract and Returns
1) Order Cancellation
You may change your mind and cancel your order within SEVEN (7) working days after the day you receive your goods. If you choose to cancel your order we will refund the full purchase price but not the delivery charges incurred in delivering the goods to you.
Note: If you choose to cancel your order you will be expected to return the goods in your order to us in perfect condition. The Whitgiftian Association will NOT refund the return delivery charges (cost for returning goods to us) and if you fail to return goods to us we may charge you for the cost incurred in collecting them from you.
2) Damaged Or Fault Products and Incorrect Orders
You may exchange your goods or obtain a full refund if the goods in your order are damaged or faulty upon receipt, or if the goods you have received are not the goods you originally ordered.
When returning damaged, faulty or incorrect orders we will refund:
- Full Purchase Price
- Delivery Charges (the cost for initial delivery to you)
- Return Charges (the cost for returning goods to us) upon the production of a receipt. Alternatively we will arrange to collect your goods from you at our cost
When exchanging damaged, faulty or incorrect orders we will:
- Dispatch replacement items to you free of charge
- Refund return charges (the cost for returning goods to us) upon production of a receipt. Alternatively we will arrange to collect your goods from you at our cost
3) How To Return Your Goods
You may return goods by contacting the Whitgiftian Association office by email, phone or post. Alternatively you may return your goods, accompanied by the delivery documentation, to the Whitgiftian Association, Whitgift School, Haling Park, South Croydon CR2 6YT.
The following information will be required when returning your goods:
- Confirmation e-mail containing your Transaction Number
- Delivery Documentation containing your Delivery Number
- List and description of goods to be returned
- Reason given for returning goods
- If returning goods by post please also include:
- A description for the reason of the return
- Receipts showing any return charges if you are claiming a full refund for damaged, faulty or incorrectly delivered goods
- Returned items will be processed within five (5) working days of receipt
- Reasonable care must be taken when packaging the parcel and returning it so that goods are not damaged in transit
- You are advised to use a carrier that offers both traceability and insurance
4) How To Contact Us.
Our contact details can be found on our contact us page.
The Whitgiftian Association reserves the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Whitgiftian Association online shop (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you; the Whitgiftian Association shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification or withdrawal; and/or
- Change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Whitgiftian Association online shop (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Whitgiftian Association online shop.
- If the Whitgiftian Association should change these Conditions, your order will be subject to the Terms and Conditions at the Date and time of you placing your order. Copies of the appropriate T&C are available by email from email@example.com.
If any part of the Conditions is declared unlawful or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed deleted from the Conditions and the remaining provisions of the Conditions shall remain in full force and effect. English law applies to these Conditions and any dispute relating to the Conditions shall be settled by the English courts.